About the Association
The Association's newsletter
The British Voice Association newsletter 'Communicating Voice' is published three times a year.
- Members have exclusive access to the current edition of 'Communicating Voice' in PDF format via our website Members' Area – members may still elect to receive printed copies is they prefer.
- Back issues are publicly available in PDF format (see below).
Volume 19, Issue 2 (Autumn/Winter 2018)
The President's letter
- From John Rubin
- Jonathan Fishman appointed to BVA Council
- AGM study day ‘Glottal Start’ (photo feature)
- Van Lawrence Prize 2018 – 'Factors influencing pre and post-operative voice therapy' by Anna White
- ‘Freedom and Focus’ – Fitzmaurice Voicework: by Sarah Wright-Owens
- LCM/Teaching Singing in Higher Education: by Geraldine McElearney
- Sara Harris – recipient of the 2018 BVA Fellowship award
- A History of Vocal Pedagogy – Intuition & Science: Joseph Talia, reviewed by Richard Edgar-Wilson
- Voice Therapy Clinical Case Studies (4th Edition): JC Stemple and ER Hapner, reviewed by Nick Gibbins
Next edition: Volume 19, Issue 3 ( Spring 2019)
Back issues of 'Communicating Voice' (starting from Summer 2009) are publicly available in PDF format .
Archived newsletter content
A selection of articles and book reviews from issues of 'Communicating Voice' prior to its availability in PDF format.
Neither the British Voice Association nor the Editor can be held responsible for errors or any consequences arising from the use of information contained in its newsletters (or extracts from its newsletters published online); the views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the British Voice Association (BVA) or the Editor, neither does the publication of advertisements constitute any endorsement by the BVA or Editor of any products or services featured.