Previous World Voice Days:
The British Voice Association is where I have met the practitioners that have inspired my work for the last decade. I have received invaluable training and even been able to collaborate with some of my heroes.
Commercial vocal coach and voice rehabilitation specialist
British Voice Association events
The Association organises and promotes a regular programme of multi-disciplinary events, conferences, workshops, training courses and interactive study days throughout the UK. Courtesy of a reciprocal agreement, British Voice Association (BVA) and Australian Voice Association (AVA) members can attend each organisation's events at the member's rate. Please contact your association office for more information.
Interactive Rock & Pop Weekend 2018
Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th November 2018
Royal Academy of Music and Cecil Sharp House, London
A weekend of practical ‘hands-on’ learning for singers, vocal coaches and voice professionals...
Saturday 24th: 6:30pm – 9:30pm, Royal Academy of Music
Workshop with Mary Hammond
Vocal coach to TV personalities, West End Theatre and pop artists, (e.g. Florence Welch, Chris Martin and Adele).
- Sharing The Practical Uses of Teaching Voice For The Rock & Pop Industry.
Sunday 25th:10:30am – 5pm, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Harmonising in Vocal Exercises: Kim Chandler (Session Singer / Vocal Coach, Marbella and London)
- Audition Technique: Juliet Russell & Will Lester (Vocal Coaches for ITV’s ‘The Voice’ & ‘The Voice Kids’)
- Vocal Health: What Does It Mean To Look After Your Voice?; Nick Gibbins (Consultant ENT Surgeon and Laryngologist, Lewisham Hospital) and Tori Burnay (Voice Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust)
- Laryngeal Manual Therapy in Rock & Pop singers: Charles Ward (Sports & Laryngeal Manual Therapist)
- Preparing the Rock & Pop singer for ‘The Rigours of The Road’: an interview with Kim Chandler (Lorna Blackwood (Vocal Coach & Vocal Producer)
- Choral Workshop: Craig Lees (MD, Leeds Contemporary Singers, winners of BBC1’s ‘Pitch Battle’ 2017).
World Voice Day: 16th April every year
World Voice Day is celebrated annually on 16th April.
The idea began in Brazil and then spread to the USA. The idea is to celebrate healthy voices and highlight the importance of voice at work and in society.
Cancellation policy for a BVA event
In the event an applicant cancels their place at a BVA course or conference, they are entitled to the following refund:
- 4 weeks or more = 90% refund
- Between 1-4 weeks = 25% refund
- From 1 week to the day of event = no refund (under any circumstances, including illness)
- Should the BVA cancel a course, a full refund will be offered.