The British Voice Association (BVA) values your privacy and will at all times comply with data privacy and security legislation applicable in Great Britain (UK).
- The BVA will not sell, lease, distribute, barter or transfer personally identifiable information collected via its website, or by any other means, to a third party unless we are required by law to do so.
- On becoming a member of the British Voice Association, you automatically start receiving emails from us. There is the option to opt out of this by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link towards the bottom of the email and you can do this at any time. You may also send an unsubscribe request to our administrator.
- All personal information given to and held by the BVA is securely stored and access to it is password protected.
- The BVA will only utilise personal information in a manner authorised by the provider and for internal administrative purposes.
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
– ask us not to process your personal data
– ask us to provide a copy of the personal data that we hold about you (we will send only send requested personal information if we can verify your identity).
- If you believe that the information we hold about you (or any part of it) is incorrect or incomplete, please advise us without delay.
- You can ask us not to include your details in the Association's membership directory.
- This version of our website does not deploy web cookies however we offer access access to third-party websites and online services which may. If your preference is not to accept web cookies you may find that some third-party services (such as PayPal's shopping cart, used to process membership application and renewal payments online) may not function as intended.
Links to other websites and services
- Links to other websites and online services are provided in good faith and for information purposes only.
- Please be aware that the British Voice Association is not responsible for the content, performance or cookie deployment policies of other websites or online services.
The BVA Membership Directory is only made available to Association members. Included in the directory is an alphabetical list followed by: Fellowship members, Corporate Members & Affiliations and a geographic index (including professional status where provided). Please also be aware that a membership number is assigned to each individual. You will find your personal number above your name.
- It is policy of the BVA that no member is permitted to make use of any of the data in the Association's directory for the purposes of commercial, marketing, survey or advertising purposes that are not directly commissioned by the Council or Executive Committee of the BVA. Infringement of this policy by a member constitutes good and sufficient reason for termination of that member’s membership in the BVA in accordance with the BVA’s Articles of Association.
- We will use our best endeavours at all times to ensure that the information contained within the BVA Membership Directory is accurate and up to date. The BVA may not however be held responsible for inaccuracies resulting from the failure of members to provide us with accurate information or to provide updated information in a timely manner. If you wish to have your name or any details about you updated or removed from the Membership Directory at any time, please contact us.
- We would ask that you respect the privacy of other members by ensuring that the BVA Membership Directory is remains confidential. Please dispose of hard copies of the Directory responsibly – these should be shredded to protect the privacy of other members.